Terms and Conditions
Application and entire agreement
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods detailed in our quotation (Goods) by the buyer (you) from Star Linen UK Ltd a company registered in England and Wales under number 10336684 whose registered office is at Unit 1 Withey Dyffryn Court, Dyffryn Business Park, Ystrad Mynarch, CF82 7TT (we or us).
- These Terms and Conditions will be deemed to have been accepted by you when you accept them or make purchase or from the date of any delivery of the Goods (whichever happens earlier) and will constitute the entire agreement between us and you.
- These Terms and Conditions (the Contract) apply to the purchase and sale of any Goods between us and you, to the exclusion of any other terms that you try to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
- A "business day" means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday.
- The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and will not affect their interpretation.
- Words imparting the singular number include the plural and vice-versa.
- The prices of the Products will be as quoted on our site at the time you submit your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of Products are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. However please see clause 10 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of Products you ordered.
- If the cost of the Goods to us increases due to any factor beyond our control including, but not limited to, material costs, labour costs, alteration of exchange rates or duties, or changes to delivery rates, we can increase the Price prior to delivery.
- Any increase in the Price under the clause above will only take place after we have told you about it.
- You may be entitled to discounts. Any and all discounts will be at our discretion.
- The price of a Product does not include delivery charges. Our delivery charges are as advised to you during the check-out process, before you confirm your order.
- Our site contains a large number of Products. It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the Products on our site may be incorrectly priced. If we discover an error in the price of the Products you have ordered we will contact you to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Products at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. Please note that if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the Products to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
- The Price is exclusive of any applicable VAT and other taxes or levies which are imposed or charged by any competent authority.
- The images of the Products on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer's display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the Products. Your Products may vary slightly from those images.
- Customers who have been granted a credit account facility by Star Linen UK may choose to have their order charged to their account. Star Linen UK may withdraw credit facilities at their own discretion at any time.
- Payment terms for credit accounts are thirty (30) days from the date on the invoice, unless otherwise agreed.
- Star Linen UK reserves the right to charge interest on overdue invoices at the rate of 3% above Bank of England Base Rate.
- In all other cases, the Customer shall pay for the Products at the time of ordering. Orders can be paid for by debit or credit cards. Star Linen UK accepts MasterCard, Visa, Delta, Switch, Electron and Solo. If the Customer wishes to use an alternative method of payment, such method of payment shall be at the discretion of Star Linen UK.
- Products ordered shall not be despatched until full payment is received in cleared funds, except at Star Linen discretion or where the Customer ordered Products with instructions to have the order charged to its credit account/s.
- The time of payment of the price shall be of the essence of the Contract.
- We will arrange for the delivery of the Goods to the address specified on your order or to another location we agree in writing.
- We endeavour to delivery all goods within 3-5 working days, subject to stock availability.
- Subject to the specific terms of any special delivery service, delivery can take place at any time of the day and must be accepted at any time between 8 am to 8 pm.
- If you do not take delivery of the Goods we may, at our discretion and without prejudice to any other rights:
- store or arrange for the storage of the Goods and will charge you for all associated costs and expenses including, but not limited to, transportation, storage and insurance; and / or
- make arrangements for the redelivery of the Goods and will charge you for the costs of such redelivery; and/or
- after 10 business days, resell or otherwise dispose of part or all of the Goods and charge you for any shortfall below the price of the Goods.
- If redelivery is not possible as set out above, you must collect the Goods from our premises and will be notified of this. We can charge you for all associated costs including, but not limited to, storage and insurance.
- Any dates quoted for delivery are approximate only, and the time of delivery is not of the essence. We will not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Goods that is caused by a circumstance beyond our control or your failure to provide us with adequate delivery instructions or any other instructions that are relevant to the supply of the Goods.
- We can deliver the Goods by instalments, which will be invoiced and paid for separately. Each instalment is a separate contract. Any delay in delivery or defect in an instalment will not entitle you to cancel any other instalment.
Inspection and acceptance of Goods
- You must inspect the Goods on delivery or collection.
- If you identify any damages or shortages, you must inform us in writing within 3 days of delivery, providing details.
- Other than by agreement, we will only accept returned Goods if we are satisfied that those Goods are defective and if required, have carried out an inspection.
- Subject to your compliance with this clause and/or our agreement, you may return the Goods and we will, as appropriate, repair, or replace, or refund the Goods or part of them.
- We will be under no liability or further obligation in relation to the Goods if:
- if you fail to provide notice as set above; and/or
- you make any further use of such Goods after giving notice under the clause above relating to damages and shortages; and/or
- the defect arises because you did not follow our oral or written instructions about the storage, commissioning, installation, use and maintenance of the Goods; and/or
- the defect arises from normal wear and tear of the Goods; and/or
- the defect arises from misuse or alteration of the Goods, negligence, wilful damage or any other act by you, your employees or agents or any third parties.
- You bear the risk and cost of returning the Goods.
- Acceptance of the Goods will be deemed to be upon inspection of them by you and in any event within 1 day after delivery.
- You have a legal right to cancel a Contract under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 up to 14 days after the day on which you receive the Product.This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep the Products, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract as set and receive a refund. All products should be returned in their original packaging, unused and unwashed.
- Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date of the Order Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order), which is when the Contract between us is formed.
- To cancel a contract you must contact our Customer Services team by telephoning them on 01443 80 50 50 or by e-mailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them that you wish to cancel the Contract and arrange a collection of the Products. Please make sure that you quote your order number.. The Products will be collected by a courier from the address to which it was delivered.
- Unless the Product is faulty or not as described , you will be responsible for the cost of the collection.
- If you fail to make the pre-arranged collection time then you will still be charged for the collection. You will then need to contact the Customer Services Team to arrange another collection by a courier. You will be charged for each collection, whether it was failed or successful.
- If you cancel your Contract we will refund you the price you paid for the Products. However, please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop.
- If you cancel your Contract we will not refund any delivery costs you have paid.
- We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within 28 days after the day on which we receive the Products back from you. Any applicable charges for the collection of the Products will be deducted from the monies refunded.
- If you have returned the Products to us because they are faulty or misdescribed, we will refund the price of the Products in full, together with any applicable delivery charges.
- We will refund you on the payment method used at the point of purchase.
Risk and title
- The risk in the Goods will pass to you on completion of delivery.
- Title to the Goods will not pass to you until we have received payment in full (in cash or cleared funds) for: (a) the Goods and/or (b) any other goods or services that we have supplied to you in respect of which payment has become due.
- Until title to the Goods has passed to you, you must (a) hold the Goods on a fiduciary basis as our bailee; and/or (b) store the goods separately and not remove, deface or obscure any identifying mark or packaging on or relating to the Goods; and/or (c) keep the Goods in satisfactory condition and keep them insured against all risks for their full price from the date of delivery.
- As long as the Goods have not been resold, or irreversibly incorporated into another product, and without limiting any other right or remedy we may have, we can at any time ask you to deliver up the Goods and, if you fail to do so promptly, enter any of your premises or of any third party where the Goods are stored in order to recover them.
- We can terminate the sale of Goods under the Contract where:
- you commit a material breach of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions;
- you are or become or, in our reasonable opinion, are about to become the subject of a bankruptcy order or take advantage of any other statutory provision for the relief of insolvent debtors;
- you enter into a voluntary arrangement under Part 1 of the Insolvency Act 1986, or any other scheme or arrangement is made with your creditors; or
- you convene any meeting of your creditors, enter into voluntary or compulsory liquidation, have a receiver, manager, administrator or administrative receiver appointed in respect of your assets or undertakings or any part thereof, any documents are filed with the court for the appointment of an administrator, notice of intention to appoint an administrator is given by you or any of your directors or by a qualifying floating charge holder (as defined in para. 14 of Schedule B1 of the Insolvency Act 1986), a resolution is passed or petition presented to any court for the winding up of your affairs or for the granting of an administration order, or any proceedings are commenced relating to your insolvency or possible insolvency.
Limitation of liability
- Our liability under the Contract, and in breach of statutory duty, and in tort, misrepresentation or otherwise will be limited to this clause.
- Subject to the clauses above on Inspection and Acceptance and Risk and Title, all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law (save for those implied by Section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979) are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If we do not deliver the Goods, our liability is limited, subject to the clause below, to the costs and expenses incurred by you in obtaining replacement goods of similar description and quality in the cheapest market available, less the price of the Goods.
- Our total liability will not, in any circumstances, exceed the total amount of the Price payable by you.
- We will not be liable (whether caused by our employees, agents or otherwise) in connection with the Goods, for:
- any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, or expenses; and/or
- any loss of profits; loss of anticipated profits; loss of business; loss of data; loss of reputation or goodwill; business interruption; or, other third party claims; and/or
- any failure to perform any of our obligations if such delay or failure is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control; and/or
- any losses caused directly or indirectly by any failure or breach by you in relation to your obligations; and/or
- any loss relating to the choice of the Goods and how they will meet your purpose or the use by you of the Goods supplied.
- The exclusions of liability contained within this clause will not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or limit our liability; and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- All notices under these Terms and Conditions must be in writing and signed by, or on behalf of, the party giving notice (or a duly authorised officer of that party).
- Notices will be deemed to have been duly given:
- when delivered, if delivered by courier or other messenger (including registered mail) during the normal business hours of the recipient;
- when sent, if transmitted by fax or email and a successful transmission report or return receipt is generated;
- on the fifth business day following mailing, if mailed by national ordinary mail; or
- on the tenth business day following mailing, if mailed by airmail.
- All notices under these Terms and Conditions must be addressed to the most recent address, email address or fax number notified to the other party.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
- Neither party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performing their obligations where such failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond the reasonable control of that party. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, industrial action, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action or any other event that is beyond the control of the party in question.
- No waiver by us of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- If one or more of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that / those provisions shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions (which will remain valid and enforceable).
Law and jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and interpreted according to English law. All disputes arising under these Terms and Conditions are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.